- When you upload a new image, do not overwrite any existing images unless their differences are minimal. Always upload new images under a new filename. Uploading images over top of other images messes up the image page's history, making it hard to recovery the messed-up data.
- The only case where you should make use of the re-upload feature is when you are uploading a better quality image of the same image (same media, same episode/chapter, same scene/page, same basic frame of the episode/manga) over top of another.
- Duplicate images will be deleted.
- PLEASE DON'T UPLOAD ANY SPOILER IMAGES. MOST PEOPLE HAVE THE PATIENCE TO WAIT FOR THE EPISODE TO BE RELEASED, AND WOULD RATHER NOT YOU SPOIL IT FOR THEM. FAILURE TO LISTEN TO THIS WARNING COULD RESULT IN A BLOCK OF YOUR USER ACCOUNT.
- We only allow official images to be uploaded. Images directly from the anime and manga should be only used (And of course game images for game-related). However, please do not upload a game image for use on a page about something that is also in the anime or manga.
- Fan drawn images, fan colorings, and other images that have been edited (other than for simple resizing or cropping), will all be deleted unconditionally.
- Please don't upload crappy quality pics. For example: Blurry, extremely low resolution, or images with subtitles and watermarks. It just makes the page look bad.
- Please don't upload .gif images, not even in you convert a .gif into another file format before uploading. The .gif format does not handle quality properly. It has a limited color depth, and as a result the moment you save an image with the .gif format it loses a large amount of quality. We also prefer .png images over .jpg images because .jpg images slowly lose quality each time you save them. Neither of these types of quality loss can be recovered without the original image.
- Rename the file before you upload it. Sometimes some pictures saved are named out of completely random letters and numbers. Change them before you upload them. If you don't, the file will be moved, if not deleted.
For infobox images, we always use an image depicting the first appearance of the character e.g. for Hanabi Ikuta we prefer a image of her in her first appearance.
|Manual of Style • Basic Rules • Image Policy • Character Outline • Talk Page Policy • Bans • Blogs|